Buy edible straws from Flewid Friendly, and make the world better in more ways than one!
While plastic pollution is a big problem for our Earth, climate change is potentially a bigger problem for us humans. And climate change is caused chiefly by deforestation – that is, the cutting down of trees. This is done for lumber, or to clear areas for habitation. Millions of animals lose their habitat, the Earth loses a part of its lungs, and our climate worsens.
In order to give back to the community and to make a bigger impact, we have partnered with Seed The Change, to plant a tree for every item you purchase. So the next time you buy edible straws from us, you can do so knowing a tree is being planted for you. And don’t underestimate the value of one tree! Growing a single tree for 30 years will offset the emissions from a 2,000 kilometer flight!
Here are some more statistics, from Seed The Change:
- Every second, one and a half acres of forest are being cut down
- A single mature tree releases enough oxygen into the atmosphere for two adults
- Each tree provides an estimated $7 savings in annual environmental benefits, including energy conservation and reduced pollution
- One tree can store up to 1,250 kgs of carbon. That’s enough to offset a return flight from LA to London!
- 16 trees are enough to offset the annual carbon emissions of an average Australian household
- 70% of the world’s plants and animals live in forests, and are losing their natural habitat to deforestation
Between 200 to 2,000 species of animals and trees go extinct each year. We need to do something. We need to save our whales and kakapos, and our Brazil nut trees.
Don’t leave it up to others – we can do it ourselves. Let’s come together and plant the seeds for a better tomorrow, one straw at a time. You can find more ways to help the environment on our blog, and you can buy edible straws by following this link.